Monoprice Z-wave Plus Pir Multi Sensor, Temperature - Humidity - Light
- Four smart sensors in a single small device
- Seven selectable levels of motion sensitivity
- Three different methods of reporting motion detection and temperature changes
- Tamper sensor sends an alert to the controller if the sensor is tampered with
- A report is automatically sent when the battery level is low
- Multicolor LED indicates temperature ranges at a glance
- Uses the latest backward compatible revision of Z-Wave® technology
- Z-Wave Plus® provides 50% more power than previous generations
- Z-Wave Plus provides 67% improvement in transmission range
- Z-Wave Plus offers Plug-n-Play inclusion network wide
- Allows Monoprice Smart Home products to work with SmartThings. (Not all devices are currently supported by the platform).
- Allows SmartThings to automatically recognize new devices and select the correct device handlers
- Allows users to access/utilize all of the device functions (e.g. multifunction sensors)
- Allows users to configure the advanced parameters for the devices
- Creates a user friendly interface for the SmartThings platform for Monoprice Smart Home products
- RBoy Apps allows users to create a hands free automation environment that's customized to their needs
- RBoy Apps allows multiple Monoprice Smart Home products to come together to create a whole home automation experience (one-stop-shop)
- 1x 4-in-1 motion sensor
- 1x Adhesive tape
- 2x AAA batteries
- 1x User's manual
This passive infrared (PIR) sensor detects motion and sends a Z-Wave® trigger signal to the network. It also features temperature, humidity, and light sensors, which will automatically report changes in the conditions and will report the absolute values when queried. It has a tamperproof switch, which will trigger a Z-Wave® signal when the cover is removed. These trigger signals can be used to activate various other devices and perform preprogrammed tasks. This is a security enabled Z-Wave Plus product and a security enabled Z-Wave gateway/controller must be used to fully utilize this sensor.
Motion Detection: This device uses a passive infrared sensor and sends a Z-Wave Plus® signal when motion is detected within its detection range. It can detect moving objects within line of sight at distances up to 32 feet, away with a field of view up to 120°. This trigger signal can then be used to activate various other devices and perform preprogrammed tasks.
Temperature Detection: The sensor will automatically report the measured temperature whenever it changes by a particular amount. By default, it reports every time the temperature changes by 1°C.
Humidity Detection: The sensor will automatically report the measured humidity level whenever it changes by a particular amount. By default, it reports every time the humidity level changes by 10%.
Light Detection: The sensor will automatically report the measured light level whenever it changes by a particular amount. By default, it reports every time the light level changes by 10%. Additionally, the sensor will automatically report the light level for every 10% decrease from 100%.
Z-Wave Plus® is a low power mesh networking communications technology that allows Z-Wave Plus enabled devices to communicate with each other and to distribute Z-Wave Plus messages throughout the network.
Z-Wave Plus products are fully backward compatible with classic Z-Wave® products. Z-Wave Plus has longer battery life, faster operation, better RF coverage, and easier installation.
This Monoprice Z-Wave® product supports the Smart Apps iOS® and Android™ applications developed by RBoy Apps (). Smart Apps and the accompanying Device Handlers work in combination with the Samsung® SmartThings™ hub to interact with devices around your home, such as this and the other Z-Wave devices we sell.
*RBoy Apps is an optional add-on and would require a subscription fee to activate.
Monoprice not only stands behind every product we sell with a 1 year replacement warranty, we offer a 30-day money back guarantee as well! If the product you purchase does not satisfy your needs, send it back for a full refund.
Monoprice's rugged design and rigid quality control standards deliver high quality products at fair prices.
Monoprice exists to bring simplicity, fairness, and confidence to technology choices. This product features recyclable packaging that is simple to open, cost effective, with minimal waste, and fully protective as it travels to you.
You're never on your own with Monoprice products! We have a full team of friendly and knowledgeable technicians available to answer your questions, both before and after the sale. Contact our technical support team for questions about our products, troubleshooting, or even suggestions for products to fit your particular needs. Not to be outdone, our friendly and helpful customer service team is here to make your ordering, delivery, and any possible returns a quick and painless operation, from start to finish!
Z-Wave® and Z-Wave Plus® are registered trademarks of Sigma Designs and its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.
Samsung® is a registered trademark of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. SmartThings™ and the SmartThings logo are trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Cisco® and IOS® are registered trademarks or trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries.
Android™ is a trademark of Google LLC.
Updated Feb 28, 2020