The AFF-HR-101-S is a compact and professional grade microphone amplifier with stereo line-level mix that can be used as a stand-alone device, or paired with the HR-101-R to extend audio over long distances on fiber optic cables. The AFF-HR-101-S provides a balanced mic input on an XLR connector as well as a stereo line level input on 3.5mm mini-stereo jack.
The unit has an adjustable-gain low noise mic preamp with a gain range of +34 to +54 db (or x50 to x500) and provides indication of volume level on digital VU meter on its front panel (to prevent saturation and clipping due to too much gain). The unit accommodates a wide range of microphone types. Phantom power can be inserted by means of a front panel switch. The stereo line input is on a standard 3.5mm (1/8 inch) connector which gets mixed with the amplified microphone signal.
In a typical application a presenter can hookup the audio from their PC to the line input and plug the mic to the XLR. The unit will mix the speakers voice with the PC audio. The AFF-HR-101-S has both stereo analog (on 3.5mm) and SPDIF digital (on RCA) outputs as well as a fiber-optic ST connector for driving long cables to 3,280 ft. to compatible receiver.
- MIC preamp input
- Stereo line level audio input
- Local analog stereo line level and digital SPDIF audio outputs
- Adjustable gain for MIC preamp input
- VU meter to indicate MIC preamp gain
- Phantom power to accommodate a wide range of MIC inputs
- Safety interlock does not turn on high-power fiber LED drivers unless fiber-optic cable is plugged in at both ends
- Green design, turns off parts of circuit when they are not in use
- Compact, Rugged, Reliable, and Economical
- Made in USA
- Audio Inputs: 1x 3.5mm analog line level stereo,
1x XLR microphone
- Audio Outputs: 1x 3.5mm stereo analog , 1x RCA SPDIF Digital
- MIC in Impedance: 6.8 KΩ
- Mic Phantom Power: 15vDC (note that most mics rated for 48v accept
range of 12~48 vDC, with some 9~52 vDC)
- Mic Amplifier Noise: 1.3nV/√Hz RFI at 1KHz
- Mic CMR: 100 dB min
- Audio Bandwidth: 3 Hz to 30 KHz
- Optical Wavelength: 840 nm GaAIAs LED
- Optical Cable: Simplex (only 1 fiber) Multi-Mode. OM2 or OM3
- Temperature: Operating: 32 to 122°F (0 to 50°C);
Storage: –40 to +185°F (–40 to +85°C)
- Enclosure: Aluminum and Steel
- MTBF: 90,000 hours (calculated estimate)
- Power: 5V DC, 2.6A (actual consumption less than 0.25A)
- Size: 1.64’’H x 4.18’’W x 5.08’’D
- Weight: 0.65 pounds (0.295 kg)
Hall Research has been a leader in the design and manufacture of innovative Video over CATx, matrix switchers, scaling and automation products. As the creators of the device that revolutionized Video over Cat5, the Mini-Cat®, Hall Research has risen to prominence in the Audio/Video industry. Our products are used by every major industry in thousands of installations worldwide.