This product is used to boost & extend a standard or HDTV Component Video (YPbPr) signal on Cat5 cable up to 1,000 ft.
The kit includes a sender (AFF-UVB1-CP-S) and a receiver (AFF-UVB1-CP-R) together with high quality cables for both ends. A single power supply is also provided that can be plugged into either end.
Unlike other passive Baluns this device is active and boosts the signal using wide bandwidth (450 MHz) differential (balanced) amplifiers for an unprecedented sharp and clean image.
The unit provides Ground-loop Isolation (GLI) and RFI (radio frequency interference) immunity to prevent 60 cycle video hum or distortion. Most competing Baluns provide no common mode rejection at low frequencies and are subject to facility grounding issues and noise pickup.
The active design matches the impedance of the UTP cable perfectly at all frequencies so that there is no image ghosting. Ghosting is a major issue with competing passive Baluns transmitting HD signals.
- Transmits component video (YPbPr) over CAT 5 cable
- Up to 1000 feet (depending on the resolution)
- Only one power supply required
- Wide bandwidth differential amplifiers for unprecedented sharp and clean image
- Ground-loop Isolation (GLI) and RFI (radio frequency interference) immunity
- Active design impedance matching for no image ghosting
- Standards: Analog Component Video YPbPr or RGB signals with sync-on-green
- Resolution: All Standard TV and HDTV from 480i to 1080p
- Video Level: 1.0 volt p-p on Y and 0.7 v p-p on Pb and Pr
- Bandwidth: 20 Hz to 450 MHz
- Common Mode Noise Rejection: 100 dB @ 60 Hz, 70 dB @ 1 MHz, 50 db @ 10 MHz
- Max Distance: Up to 1000 ft. (305 meters) @ 480i or 576i
Up to 750 ft (229 meters) @ 480p or 576p
Up to 500 ft (152 meters) @ 720p or 1080i
Up to 300 ft (91 meters) @ 1080p
- Temperature: Operating: 32 to 122 Deg F (0 to 50 Deg C)
Storage: -40 to +185 Deg F (40 to +85 Deg C)
- Enclosure: Enclosure Black Plastic ABS-94VO, UL File#56070
- MTBF: 100,000 hours (calculated estimate)
Hall Research has been a leader in the design and manufacture of innovative Video over CATx, matrix switchers, scaling and automation products. As the creators of the device that revolutionized Video over Cat5, the Mini-Cat®, Hall Research has risen to prominence in the Audio/Video industry. Our products are used by every major industry in thousands of installations worldwide.