The Model AFF-AFF-UV232A Kit is used to send high resolution video, Audio (L+R Mixed) and uni-directional RS-232 over a single twisted-pair cable to a remote location up to 500 feet away.
The input video can be from a RGBHV (PC video to WUXGA) or YPbPr (HD analog component to 1080p).
DDC compliant EDID emulation assures proper PC boot-up with video output.
The Uni-directional RS-232 can be used to control LCD’s or Projectors that have RS-232 control.
Applications include kiosk solutions, conference halls, digital signage, interactive operator systems, factory or laboratory data acquisition and control, and more.
When the Sender is powered from a VESA compliant VGA source (+5v on Pin 9) a power supply (included) is only required at the Receiver. If the source is not VESA compliant in that regard, or if the video is YPbPr (using a 3 RCA to HD15 input cable), then a power supply (included) is needed at both Sender and Receiver.
The kit includes a local unit (Sender) that includes a VGA & serial cables, plus a remote unit (Receiver) with two power supplies.
It is recommended that for best image quality low-skew UTP cables be utilized (such as Hall Research’s Zero-Skew cables), otherwise at long distances (>200ft) and high-resolutions, RGB skew may be present and a separate skew corrector would be necessary (HRT Model SKU-RGB).
- Sends PC or HD video, Audio (L+R Mixed) and Uni-directional RS-232 over single CATx
- Wide bandwidth to transmit WUXGA signals (1920x1200 / 60hz) or HD Analog Component (1080p)
- Compensation for UTP cable to 500 ft
- No power supply required at local sender - when powered from VESA compliant VGA Source
- DDC compliant EDID emulation on the Sender
- Supports all baud rates to 115 Kbps
- Perfect for Kiosk, or Projector Control applications
- RS-232 and high quality VGA input cables provided
- Compact metal enclosure with mounting provisions
- Compact, Rugged, Reliable, and Economical
- Made in USA
- Standards: Analog VGA Video (RGBHV), YPbPr, or RGB signals with sync-on-green.
- Resolutions: All up to WUXGA (1920x1200 / 60Hz), 1080p
- Video Level: 0.7 v p-p on RGB, 5v p-p H/V sync
- Bandwidth: 20 Hz to 450 MHz
- Common Mode Noise Rejection: 100 dB @ 60 Hz, 70 dB @ 1 MHz, 50 db @ 10 MHz
- Max Distance: Up to 500 ft. (152 meters) based on resolution
- Temperature: Operating: 32 to 122 Deg F (0 to 50 Deg C);
Storage: -40 to +185 Deg F (-40 to +85 Deg C)
- Enclosure: Aluminum
- MTBF: 100,000 hours (calculated estimate)
- Power: Via the included power adapter. Voltage: 6v DC Center-Positive. Average Power Consumption: 200mA (Sender) 160mA (Receiver)
- Size (H x W x D): 1.25” H x 2.75” W x 3.08” D* Each Device
*Units have 2 mounting ears that protrude 0.40” beyond the main box on each side.
- RS232 Connections: Pin 2 = RX
Pin 3 = TX
Pin 5 = GND
Hall Research has been a leader in the design and manufacture of innovative Video over CATx, matrix switchers, scaling and automation products. As the creators of the device that revolutionized Video over Cat5, the Mini-Cat®, Hall Research has risen to prominence in the Audio/Video industry. Our products are used by every major industry in thousands of installations worldwide.