The transmission system is comprised of one Rack-Mount Sender unit and one or more Receiver units (Sold Separately). The basic sender can transmit Video along with Phantom Power.
The sender converts the video inputs and power signals into a format that can be transmitted using a single inexpensive and commonly available Unshielded Twisted Pair (UTP) cable with RJ45 connectors. Both UTP and STP (shielded) cables can be used. In addition you can use Cat5, 5e, 6, or higher. However, for runs of over 250 feet, Hall Research recommends using “Skew-free” or “Zero-skew” Cat5 cables for best performance. At the receiving (remote) end, a compatible receiver (sold separately) is used to convert the UTP signal back to VGA and power.
The product is housed in a 2 RU, 19” Rack mount enclosure and has connectors for up to 16 video inputs, as well as multiple RJ45 output connectors for connection to the remote systems.
The RJ45 outputs on the Sender can drive Cat5 LAN cables to 500 feet (150 meters) with little to no degradation of video quality depending on resolution of the VGA signal. The receiver can compensate for video signal losses in long cable runs.
Hall Research can also supply models with less than 16 outputs and that combine the features of the AFF-UV1-S-16X, UVA-16X and the UV232-16X giving you a flexible combination of Power, Audio and RS-232.
- Supported Video Types: VGA through UXGA, RGBS, or RGB and YPbPr
- Resolution & Refresh Rate: PC Resolutions up to 1920x1440 at 60Hz, HD resolutions up to 1080p
- Dimensions: 3.2" (H) x 9.8" (D) x 15.5" (W) with 19" wide Front Panel
- Weight: 7 Lbs
- Power Supply: Directly from 100-220 VAC
- Max Distance: Up to 500 feet
- Connectors: HD15 female for video input and output
RJ45 for CAT5 A/V outputs
- Maximum Altitude: 10,000 ft. (3048 m)
- Temperature: Operating: 32 to 122°F (0 to 50°C);
Storage: –40 to +185°F (–40 to +85°C)
- Humidity: Up to 95% non-condensing
- Enclosure: Steel
- MTBF: 100,000 hours (calculated estimate)
Hall Research has been a leader in the design and manufacture of innovative Video over CATx, matrix switchers, scaling and automation products. As the creators of the device that revolutionized Video over Cat5, the Mini-Cat®, Hall Research has risen to prominence in the Audio/Video industry. Our products are used by every major industry in thousands of installations worldwide.